1. Your 2010 in three words:
- Hope (because Greg's career is finally making a comeback)
- Getting Clyde
- Hilton Head Wine Fest/Melanie's visit
- First half-marathon: Hickory Charity Chase
- Meeting/seeing Chris Daughtry with Jen
- Fourth of July with Greg (and Clyde) and Camping weekend (tie!)
- Family weekend in Hilton Head
- Healthy Living Summit in Chicago
- Kelly's wedding
- OBX half-marathon weekend with Kelly
- Thunder Road half-marathon
4. The music that defined your year?
I'll go with some of the stuff on my running playlist, since I listened to it so much this year with all my running. Here's some of my favorites:
- Just Say Yes- Snow Patrol
- Lovers In Japan- Coldplay
- Forever- Chris Brown
- Teenage Dream- Katy Perry (and the Glee version)
- All I Have- Mat Kearney
- Young and In Love- The London
- Crossfire- Brandon Flowers
- Get it Right- Brendan James
- 1901- Phoenix
- Thunderstruck- AC/DC
- Learning to Fly- Tom Petty
- Crash and Burn- Lifehouse
after he got home from being gone at training for about 5-6 weeks in the spring.
6. The night you felt the best/prettiest all year: ?? Kelly's wedding maybe?? I really liked my hair.
7. The best meal you ate in 2010: I can't pick just one... A bunch were: Carpe Diem, Custom Shop, Fiamma, Dolce.
8. The people you missed the most in 2010: My friend Jen that I grew up with in NH. I saw her twice in 2009, but it did not work out for us to get together in 2010 :( She has a baby I haven't met yet too!
9. The best movie you saw all year: Probably Avatar? I think I saw it in the beginning of 2010 and it was fun seeing it in 3D on the big screen.
10. The person you got to know the most in 2010: Jen and my friend Michelle. I credit both with turning me into the running nut I've become.
11. The person you grew apart from the most in 2010: Probably my friend Gibson. We're still good friends, but we spend less time together these days than we did the year before. Our lives are just busier now.
12. The biggest risk you took in 2010: Signing up to run a full marathon.
13. The biggest change you made in 2010: Doing all this running and all these races! Seriously, the longest single run I did in 2009 was about 4 miles. Now I'm up to 20! Who am I??!!
14. Your biggest accomplishment in 2010: My three half marathons and also all my runs longer than 13 miles made me feel really accomplished too. Also, just getting out of the funk (read back to the beginning of my blog in 2009 to see what I'm talking about) I had been in most of 2009 and getting motivated and inspired to take charge of my own happiness.
15. What you’re hoping for in 2011:
- A strong marathon finish in January.
- To get pregnant.
- For Greg's job with the airlines to be stable and continue on an upward trend.
- To be happy!!! (I wish for that every year)
- To visit family and friends I didn't get to see enough in 2010. I'm due to visit people in NH, NJ, DC/VA, and IN.
- Do more yoga.
- How was your year? What are your hopes for next year?