Pumpkin Bread Pudding
Prep time 15 minutes
Cook time 40 minutes
8 slices of your choice of bread (I used Great Harvest Cinnamon Chip and whole grain)
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
1/2 15 oz can of pumpkin puree
1/2 cup of milk (I used almond milk)
1/2 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tablespoon of cinnamon
1/2 cup pecans (chopped or whole), optional
2 tablespoons maple syrup
2 tablespoons cream cheese (I used honey nut)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a small to medium casserole dish with the butter. Cut bread into cubes.
2. Wisk pumpkin, egg, and milk. Add spices and maple syrup and wisk.
3. Place half the bread cubes into the casserole dish and add half the puree/egg/milk mixture and half the pecans and stir til coated. Add the other half of the bread, wet mixture, and pecans and mix.
4. Cut cream cheese into small cubes and dot top and/or stir into the mixture.
5. Place in oven and bake for approximately 40 minutes til set but still slightly creamy. Spoon onto plate and enjoy!
Fall, pumpkiny goodness....
PS- you may have noticed I tried to do a better job of recipe writing after my Healthy Living Summit session on better recipe writing. Hopefully this one is a little clearer than past ones. Feel free to ask questions in the comment section if you have any!